No Income Tax? A film by the producer of The Rose and Trading Places

(click title for full text w/comments)

I used to hear rumors that we, as Americans, don't really have to pay individual income tax or file a 1040. I've come to learn (thanks to this film), that there is NOT A LAW on the books that requires American citizens to file or pay taxes on their personal income

A friend of mine recently said, "Well, that may be true. But if you don't pay your taxes you are going to jail."

It disturbs me to think that we live in a country where a threat of illegal search, seizure and incarceration takes precedence over the law, or lack thereof. I just think it's sad that we would rather submit, out of fear of our government, than to stand up and challenge them on this issue.

Anyway... I never thought about any of this the same way as I did before I saw this amazing film by Aaron Russo. Kudos Aaron!





0 comments: